Well, after 3 years of trying, we are moving! Yea! For those of you who don't know here is a "brief" summary of our last 3 years...
Husband took job with a 1+ hour commute.
Told him I would move to the north part of town to cut about 30 min. off commute.
We put our house on the market.
I started to pack.
We found many houses we wanted to buy.
We never sold ours and no one would accept a contingency.
Decided we had a bad realtor. (We did!)
Put house for sale by owner for a few months...had 3 whole showings!
Found better realtor.
Put house on market.
Market took a really big nose dive!
No one could get a loan.
Foreclosures were everywhere. Our house would not sell.
Someone made an offer, but wasn't really serious and never contacted us back.
I got really fed up with all the showings, told my husband house has to come off of market while we are in school.
Husband reluctantly agreed to take house off market.
I unpacked. :(
We left our house off the market for the remainder of this last school year.
We started looking at houses again in the spring.
Found one we wanted. It was a short sale.
We made an offer. The sellers agreed. Then, it went to their bank.
Their bank decided they wanted to foreclose on them. :(
We couldn't buy the house.
We waited.
House finally came back on the market as a foreclosure...for $30,000 more!
We made same offer.
Bank came down $1000.
We said ok, this isn't going to work so we started looking again.
Found another house.
Made offer. Didn't tell anyone because we didn't want to jinx it! My husband wouldn't even let me start packing!
Contract was executed.
Hubby finally let me start packing!
Spent this last weekend cleaning and putting stuff in storage.
Will put our house back on the market this week. And Pray. Pray that it sells fast!
So, we will be moving in a couple of weeks.
So that's what I've been up to! Can't wait to move.
Aren't you glad I posted the "brief" version?
4 comments:
We are so happy for yall!!
Congrats.. I am happy for you and your family...
I hope it sells fast..
Super news! Congratulations!!! Hope your home sells quickly :)
A big CONGRATULATIONS to you guys!! Can't wait to see pics of the new house!! YAY!!;)
Post a Comment