Tuesday, October 12, 2010

50 years!

My husband's parents celebrated their 50th anniversary this past Friday. The children threw them a party. It was very nice. Here we are with them.


I made a slide show and scrapbook for the party. While I was putting them together I just kept thinking, "I hope Chris and I are both around to celebrate 50 years of marriage." What an accomplishment, and what an inspiration! With the divorce rate so high these days its really nice to see a milestone like this. I wish them many more years together!

4 comments:

Serendipityissweet said...

That truly is wonderful! I remember my grandparents 50th and they were together for many more years after that :)

Frugal Jen said...

What a beautiful example of love and marriage for your children to see. You and Chris have such a wonderful family I know we'll be old coming to your 50 year anniversary party :)

Amy said...

Congrats to them. That is amazing. I know you will do that also. Thanks for your well wishes. Come by on Friday I have a personal post to share.

Henry Cate said...

Congratulations!

My parents hit their 50th next month.