It's been a while since I blogged. We were busy visiting the happiest place on earth!
We flew out to California last Tuesday. The Southwest pilots were great. They let the kids explore the cockpit before we took off...
When we got in we headed to Angels Stadium to watch our AL West Champion Texas Rangers
play the Angels. It was fun and we won!
We stayed at the Paradise Pier hotel. This was the view from our room...
Our first day in the park we rode the new Little Mermaid Ride and Claire's favorite...Toy Story Mania!
This trip was an early birthday celebration for Claire so she wore a birthday button to the parks. A cast member in Innoventions was talking to her about her visit on our 2nd day there. He asked if she had to wait in any lines and she said yes. So, since she was wearing the birthday button he gave her a special "fast pass" to any ride she wanted! She chose Toy Story Mania again, which was good because its very popular and usually has a line so we probably wouldn't have had the chance to ride it again. :)
On Triton's carousel...
At our meet and greet with Chip and Dale...
Claire loves meeting the characters. (me too!)
As an early birthday present I took Claire to a princess lunch.
It was very good...and look at that dessert platter!!
Me in front of the castle. :)
And no vacation is complete without a trip to a Build a Bear. Claire chose to get Disney clothes for her existing animals instead of getting a new animal. She's getting a little collection of these backpacks though...she has one from the St. Louis Zoo and now a Downtown Disney one.
We've been to Disney parks twice now and we've never ridden Splash mountain...primarily because I don't like rides with big drops or getting wet! Well, Nathan has been bugging me since we went to Disney World about it so I gave in and we rode it, but I stuck HIM in the front! I think I cured him...He doesn't really want to go on it again! Look at the look on his face as we're about to drop! :)
Heading out to the parks on our last day. This was taken in our hotel.
Another meet and greet. Claire LOVED the characters so much!!! She wanted to take them
home with her. She would hug and hug them and not want to leave. :)
We also ate lots of yummy food!
They are all ready for Halloween so the villians are out in the park. I dared Nathan to run up to the Queen of Hearts yelling "Queen of Hearts! Queen of Hearts! You're my favorite!" Since he is a teenage boy who would do most anything for junk food he agreed to do it if I bought him a churro!
The Queen thought he was nuts, but it was really funny!
And I made good on my promise and bought him that churro!
Nathan got to build his own car at Ridemakerz in Downtown Disney..
The morning we left we had a character breakfast at our hotel. Since Claire had on the birthday button they brought out a special mickey cake and sang to her with Daisy. She LOVED that!!
Well, that's probably more than you wanted to know about our vacation so I'll stop posting pictures for now. Of course, I'll probably post more tomorrow! :)
Tiggerific Tuesday is hosted by Magical Mouse Schoolhouse.

4 comments:
Looks like great fun! I love Disney. We have been twice as well...thinking a third trip may be in order!
I don't like rides with big drops either!
What a fabulous vacation!! Looks like you captured some great moments ;)
Looks like lots of fun! It's been 10 years since I've been to California Adventure. Can't wait to make it back there to see all the changes.
I'd go all the way there just for a princess lunch with a dessert like that! :)
Post a Comment