Monday, December 24, 2012

20 easy Elf on the Shelf ideas

This was our first year to have an Elf on the Shelf.  My daughter LOVED it!  I must admit, it was pretty fun for me too!  I have seen some crazy stuff on the internet that people do with their elves, but there was no head shaving or undecorating the Christmas tree at our house.  Our elf was cute and mischievious, but not messy or bad.  Here are 15 of the easiest things we did with him...fun the easy way...just my style!

1.  Reading a book ('twas the night before Christmas)
 

 
2.  In the car...
 

3.  In the bathroom wrapped up in a little toilet paper.  If you enjoy cleaning up messes, he could toilet paper a whole room!
 


4.  On top of the cake plate trying to steal the cookies...
 

 
 
5.  Making paper snowflakes...

 
6.  We homeschool and have a big white board, but he could leave a message on any white board you might have.
 

7.  Turned the milk green in the fridge...

8.  putting a puzzle together...

9.  playing a game of Candyland with friends...


10.  He drew a picture of himself and put it on Claire's bulletin board...
 
11.  He decorated a house plant....
 

12.  Having a tea party with friends...


13.  under the tree among the presents....

14.  helping with homework?  Claire left her handwriting book out and he practiced writing his name in cursive...

15.  Playing with toys...he just happened to be playing with zoo animals the day we were going to the zoo!

16.  This is Pete with my daughter's camera.  When she looked at the pictures on it, she found pictures of him...in the Christmas tree, with the cat, etc.


 
17.  We have had an unusually warm December this year so when we got a cold front Pete was ready with the hot chocolate ingredients...
 
18.  He ate a cookie out of the cookie jar...
 
 
19.  He climbed the Jesse Tree.  If you don't have a Jesse tree, he could climb the Christmas tree or a house plant instead.
 
 
20.  One night Pete made a sugar molecule.  Now, this got included in the "easy" post because I needed 1 more easy thing to make 20.  :)
However, this could be done easier if you don't have a molecule kit.  We just happened to have bought one because we were studying molecules that week.  He could also draw the sugar molecule or print it off from the internet.

3 comments:

Serendipityissweet said...

We don't have an elf. I was worried I wouldn't be able to keep up with him. These are such fun ideas! :)

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

Serendipityissweet said...

Just stopping by to say Happy New Year my friend! Hope 2013 is a wonderful year for you and your family!!

Beth Niquette said...

What an adorable idea!! lol I remember having an elf just like that when I was a little girl. Looking at your wonderful photos, I had a flash to teh past. I can even remember how it felt to hold him in my hands.