We rented a cabin in Flagstaff so we did a lot of things around there. Flagstaff is a wonderful town with lots of great stuff to do! Here are 2 of our favorites.
Sunset Crater National Monument...
We actually hiked up the lenox crater trail to the top of a cinder cone and had the most spectacular view! If you'd like to read that story or see more pictures go here: www.aimeesland.blogspot.com/2010/05/arizona-vacation-part-2.html Right near Sunset Crater is Wupatki National Monument...
These pueblos were build hundreds of years ago. They have been preserved very well. The kids really enjoyed exploring them. If you are ever in the Flagstaff area I highly recommend both of these National Monuments!Postcard Friendship Friday is hosted by: www.thebestheartsarecrunchy.blogspot.com
9 comments:
I'm sure enjoying your vacation! Such a beautiful place full of history. Another look at America the Beautiful! Happy PFF!
I can see why they would be some of your favourites because they are both stunning. The sort of place I would dream of seeing one day.
Happy PFF and a happy 4 July weekend too!
Great place for a vacation, wonderful colours, and an interesting walk.
I didn't know about either of these places! Would love to hike to the top of the crater.
I agree with you 1105. these are both amazing places well worth a visit.
That must have been a very special experience climbing round those rocky areas! Great postcards!
Those look like interesting places to visit.
Gorgeous! What a memorable trip.
Spectacular sites. Wonderful that you can actually climb these monuments. Happy PFF.
Post a Comment