Here are my money saving tips for Disney World. Hope they will be helpful to someone else. I'm sure there are some I'm forgetting. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask!
Shop Before You Go:
Check out http://www.disneyshopping.com/. I went to this website and bought us all character T Shirts for $5 each. I then packed them without telling anyone I had them so when we got there everyone had a Disney shirt to wear. I also picked up some clearance princess items and took them along for my 6 yr. old daughter. I got a princess stationary set which was great since we drove and had LOTS of time in the car! I also bought a small journal with blank pages for $2 at Big Lots before we went. This was my daughter's autograph book. If you want a Disney one try stopping at a nearby store in Orlando. I saw cute ones at a Walgreens not too far from Disney world for $3 or $4. I think they are $10 at the park.
Sign up at the Disney Website:
I found out about the buy 4 get 3 free deal through an email from Disney before I ever saw any commercials for it on TV. I also found out about the kids cruise free offer for the 3 night cruise we took from a Disney email.
Free Souvenirs:
We came home with a few free things from Disney World that my kids really enjoyed.
First of all, if you are celebrating anything tell them! You will get a button that says "I'm Celebrating". We got these at our resort. If you are not staying on Disney property or didn't get one when you checked in go to guest services at one of the parks. There are specific buttons for birthdays, anniversaries, just engaged, etc. We also got 1st visit button because it was our 1st time to visit disney world. (We stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter and they also gave us Mardi Gras beads upon check in.)
In Epcot there are the innovention buildings. Inside one of them (I can't remember if its the east or west one) there is a velcro exhibit. They have velcro frogs that you can dress up with velcro clothes and accessories like mickey ears or sunglasses. My daughter loved this! She spent quite a while in there. Then, we found out you actually get to take the frogs home with you after you "dress" them.
In Hollywood Studios they have the block party bash. This is a really fun spin on the tradional parade. At the end they throw out little foam bouncy balls to the crowd. Each of my kids got one. They have Block Party Bash stamped on them. A cute, free souvenir!
Stickers! They gave us Mickey Stickers upon Check in. I also noticed rolls at the cash registers of some of the shops so I think you get some if you make a purchase. The Disney Vacation Club is set up everywhere and they were handing out Disney Stickers as well.
Pinocchio is celebrating its 70th anniversary this year and coming out on DVD. We met Pinocchio near guest services in the Magic Kingdom. When we met him the kids were given a page of Pinocchio tattoos.
Another free souvenir is the park maps. My kids love collecting these! They are at all the parks and the resorts as well.
Some of our free souvenirs
We buy postcards as souvenirs when we travel. The kids like to pick them out and they are not very expensive. We send a few while we are gone and take the rest home for memories. When we were at Disneyland we got the characters to sign the postcards instead of buying autograph books. This only works if you only want a few signatures though. This trip my daughter wanted everyone's signature so we took an autograph book.
There is also a store in Downtown Disney that has nothing over $10. It was mainly small stuff, but if a child has a couple of bucks and wants to buy something that might be a good place.
Our Disney shirts I bought ahead of time.
No comments:
Post a Comment