Thursday, March 19, 2009

My rant about how girls dress these days!

At the risk of sounding judgmental (which I don't want to be) and prudish (which I really don't think I am) I have to vent about a girl I saw in our local grocery store today. She was a teen probably 16 or so. She was wearing VERY short denim shorts, high heel shoes/sandals and a halter top that didn't cover very much at all...including her belly button ring. I watched men (adults) staring and her and checking her out in the produce department! The thing that just blows my mind is that her mother was with her! It is beyond my comprehension how a parent can let their child exploit themselves like that.

I have a daughter and I certainly wouldn't let her out of the house wearing that little no matter how old she was! I wouldn't want strangers ogling her like I witnessed today.

I just wish more parents today would set some higher standards for their children and teach them to respect themselves.

3 comments:

Rosezilla (Tracie Walker) said...

Hello, Aimee, thanks for stopping by my blog! I am amazed at how much we have in common. We homeschooled our 3 boys from K-12, we eat homecooked meals (nearly!) every night, we have never had cable - didn't even have a t.v. for years! Our boys are grown now, and I can promise you it is all worth it! Doing it (raising kids, working on your marriage, etc.) all God's way is the only way to go!

Aimee said...

Thanks for stopping by ,Rosezilla. It's nice to know there are others like us out there!

Frugal Jen said...

I agree 100%!!! Neither of my girls will ever be allowed to dress like that. I hope I've raised them right to not ever want to!

We enjoyed having you all over last night!