One was a painting of a dentist office (I can't remember the artist.) The activity was to draw something dental related with white pencil on black paper. My son drew toothpaste on a toothbrush and my daughter drew someone flossing.
They also had self portrait lessons. The docent helped the kids draw the right shape face and told them how to get the eyes in the right spot, etc. They also had mirrors for them to use.
Since the theme was A to Z they had a really fun activity with letters. The child had to make pictures out of different letters of the alphabet. This one was really fun! And it would be so easy to do at home. Here is one of my daughter's. She made a lollipop out of a C and a drum out of an N. Sorry the picture is not horizontal. I have no idea why it turned out vertical once I uploaded it! Just turn your head a little and it will all make sense! :)
They also made Japanese style scrolls that were really nice, but I have no idea where we put those so I don't have any pictures of them. They drew a nature scene on a vertical strip of paper and then glued it to a more decorative and larger vertical strip of paper. (The decorative one could be some nice scrapbooking paper or thick wrapping paper.)
One particularly popular activity was a Piet Mondrain style picture. They had black lines cut to the size of the paper as well as red, yellow, and blue squares and rectangles. I thought this was a great idea. My kids vary a bit in age, but both of them really liked this activity.
2 comments:
Wow! What an amazing art and fun filled day! Now a want to cut out square and lines and make my own Mondrain creation! My kids would adore that too! Hooray for blogging:) It's so inspiring!
Their self-portraits are really good! All of these projects look interesting and fun. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment