Thursday, December 17, 2009

Thursday Tirade


I haven't participated in the Thursday Tirade in a while because I've been sooo busy. I feel like I'm under a mountain of "to do" lists!
We went out of town for Thanksgiving. That was fun, but took my normal week off from school that I use to catch up and relax. So, ever since we came back I've been on the go. I'm so tired! I've baked countless dozens of cookies and still have more to bake. I've taken the kids to paint Christmas ornaments (a yearly tradition), organized a homeschool Christmas party, bought, wrapped and delivered gifts for the needy, shuffled the kids to art and gymanstics, took the kids to buy gifts for their dad, and in between all that I've homeschooled them! Did I mention I was really tired? It doesn't help that my daughter has not been on her best behavior lately either so that tends to run her school late many days.
I'm also very sick of Christmas carols. No, I'm not a grinch, but the stores have been playing them non stop since before thanksgiving! They are usually really bad versions of them too. Its so annoying to deal with all of the shoppers and crowds and have to listen to horrible versions of what was once a nice song.
And the shoppers, and the stupid drivers, and the crowded parking lots. I've just had it with them all! I told my husband yesterday that I don't even want to go anywhere else until after Christmas is over. I really hate feeling this way about Christmas. I just get so worn out from all of the stress. Next year I'm going to have to plan to do things differently. What stresses you out the most at Christmas? Is it those awful Christmas carols or is that just me? :)
Ok, I think I've whined enough for today! The good thing is that today was our last day of school. Now we are off for 2 weeks so I'm hoping to actually take a break from all the craziness.
To join the tirade visit Amy at Just add Walter. She has a great little blog! http://justaddwalter.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

sheila said...

I don't normally get too stressed. The party is at our house this year and I'm cool as a cucumber.

It helps to know it'll be over soon. That....and I'll be serving wine. especially when my sister in law walks in and announces she's allergic to dogs. Cuz I don't know that.

Amy said...

Yeah all of the mess will be over soon..

Have a great week...

Serendipityissweet said...

I'm with you on the tired! We're behind in homeschooling so I'm only planning on taking a few days off.
I did most of my shopping online so I avoided the malls and stores as much as possible, but I do have a few more things to get. I have wrapped, but have more to do. And I've baked 4 batches of cookies that are now gone! So I've got more baking to do.

Tomorrow I'm taking the kids to the grocery to fill a box for the food bank. I think they'll enjoy picking things out.

What bugs me the most about it all is the drama among relatives. My family is pretty laid back, but my husband's family....ugh.

Anonymous said...

this is definitely the most stressed out I have been in awhile!! Its almost over!

thanks for playing today!!