Sunday, June 27, 2010

Online Homeschool Classes

The folks at MomSelect asked me to review an online learning site.

http://www.onlineschoolsolutions.com/


When I went to the site and clicked on my state (Texas) two online education programs popped up: IQ Academy Texas and The Keystone School. They are different so I will comment on them separatly. Please note: I have not had a chance to personally try any of the classes from either one. I just found out about them. They look very beneficial though so I wanted to share them with other homeschoolers. Follow the link above to see what is available in your state. These are the two available in Texas...

IQ Academy Texas:



Offers coarses for grades 3-8. This program is free, but requires you to take all of the core classes. This won't work well for us personally because I only need my son to take a couple of outside courses. I like making his English curriculum and choosing which books he will read in literature. BUT this is free. While looking at their website I kept thinking that this would be perfect for someone who has pulled their child out of regular school and isn't sure where to begin with homeschooling.



The Keystone School:



This is an online high school and middle school program. This one is not free, but you can take as many or as few courses as you want. They offer the courses online or through correspondence. I like this. I've been looking for an option for Algebra I for my son when he is in 9th grade and this just might be what I've been looking for!



Like I said, we have not personally used these programs, but I think we may in the future. If this sounds like something that might work for you please visit http://www.onlineschoolsolutions.com/ to learn more.



Disclaimer: MomSelect will compensate me with a Target gift card for this review.

No comments: