
This is a postcard of the Hudspeth House B&B near Amarillo, TX. My husband and I stayed here a couple times when we were first married. The first time we stayed they were still not finished renovating some of the rooms, but they were having a little contest to name the rooms. The room we stayed in was very 20s in style so we submitted a few names that reminded us of that decade. We actually won a free night's stay for one of our suggestions..."The Prohibition Room". Apparantly, one of the rooms they were still renovating had some very interesting things hidden in a wall when they tore into it! Liquor bottles, I think cigarettes, and a couple of other things. I can't remember all of it now. Anyway, they used our name, "The Prohibition Room" for that room since someone was obviously hiding forbidden things in its walls!
13 comments:
How cool! We stopped in Amarillo on our trip but I didn't get to see much of it.
Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog yesterday, I really appreciate it!I posted the final picture today for my Thousand words Thursday post. It's by far my favorite!
-Angela
Great story. Happy PFF.
Happy PFF.
My sons were doing construction this summer in an old house in San Francisco and came across some old beer bottles that had a brand name from the 50s. Buried treasure of all kind is always sort of mysterious and exciting.
What a great name for a room. I love it.
Nice story! Love the idea of finding things hidden in the walls and it's great they used your name for the room!
Happy Pff!
The Prohibition Room...i like that! it has a naughty ring to it! thanks for sharing such a personal anecdote!
That is sooo cool, what a beautiful place.
You won the time guess on the arrival of my baby boy!!YAY E-mail me your address and I will get your gift out pretty soon.
krumpmama@aol.com
Have a wonderful Friday!
Howdy
Happy PFF to you .
This was a really neat post.
That must have been quite a place to visit.
Wow and to win a contest too :)
Thanks for sharing with us today.
Blessings to you and yours.
Hugs
Happy Trails
It looks like a perfect place for a relaxing stay. Exactly the sort that would appeal to me. Congratulations on thinking up a name for the room!
Love the story with your postcard. I am going to have to share this one with my FIL and DH they lived in Amarillo at one time.Thanks for sharing! PFF
What an amazing experience! You certainly have superior naming capabilities. Perfect! Happy PFF.. on Monday:)
Post a Comment