Friday, September 3, 2010

Postcard Friendship Friday #59

My mom bought me this. They go to Louisiana and Mississippi quite often. We actually stopped at the Mississippi River on our way to Disney World last year. We took pictures, but, for some reason, I didn't come home with a postcard. So, I was happy she gave me this since we've been there. My son will be reading a lot of Mark Twain this year. My dream is to take him on a paddle boat cruise up the Mississippi. It's probably just a dream, but wouldn't that be a cool field trip???

Postcard Friendship Friday is hosted by Beth at http://www.thebestheartsarecrunchy.blogspot.com/

11 comments:

Amy said...

what a nice post card. I hope you have a great weekend.

MrCachet said...

Well, you and your son get a real shot at doing some Twain related postcards next year, as the USPS has announced they will release a Mark Twain stamp in the Literary Series in the Fall.

Dorincard said...

Impressive! :)

Carole said...

Pretty postcard.

And yes, that would be a cool trip!

Some day I want to take a trip on the riverboat in my own state!

Snap said...

Great field trip! Wonderful card! Love the bridge. Happy PFF!

viridian said...

Soe of these boats are casinos ;-)

Mary said...

I'll go on that field trip with you! Sounds like a good one.

P.S. Also love the picture of the cantalope tree.

Linda said...

Very cool idea. Happy PFF.

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

That would certainly be a memorable field trip! You remind me I must read some Mark Twain again.

Aimee Dars said...

Lovely bridge and sunset!

Amy said...

Happy MOnday.. I am hosting my Round Robin if you want to join in this Friday.. I am not sure if you guys have some great projects going on with a new school year..