This is a postcard my friend in France sent me a few years ago. For some reason the text at the bottom didn't scan. It is suppose to say DREUX at the bottom. I believe that is the town where she lives. According to Wikipedia its a town in NW France. The back of the card says La chapelle royale. I believe that means Chapel Royal in English. ?? I'm not sure. Anyway, its a beautiful card whether I understand the language or not! I looked up some info on the Chapel. You can read about it
here. Among other things it houses the the mausoleum of King Louis-Philippe.

8 comments:
Ooooh--what a gorgeous building--like something out of a faery tale.
Happy pFF!
Well I used to go through Dreux regularly, and to be honest, as fast as possible. I had no idea there was anything as striking or as interesting there as this is. If I have occasion to go again, I'll stop! :)
It does look like a fairy castle. So beautiful!
A pretty view. The building reminds me of a wedding cake.
Wonderfully ornate and looks such a peaceful setting.
I'm with Postcardy - Reminds me of a wedding cake!
Beautiful place. (So nice that PFF is a bit of a travel guide too- with lots of interesting new places to discover). For a moment I wondered what I saw on the fotreground. A long shadow, a wall? Happy PFF.
Very ornate.
Post a Comment