I'm joining a new meme this week. It's called Family Fridays and its hosted by Lori and Amy at Keeping up with the Schultz Family . Drop by to join in or read more.
My family member I'm posting about today is my grandfather. My grandparents lived right behind us when I was growing up...that was so great! Our back sidewalk literally merged into their front sidewalk. My grandpa was so much fun! He was quite the outdoorsman and just could not stay inside very long. (unless there was a baseball game on TV!) Most of my memories revolve around being with him outside. We'd play in his garage, work in the garden with him, and gather the eggs from the chickens. I also caught my first fish with him. He was so much fun. He let us play with all kinds of things that my mother would never let us play with!
My grandmother had brain surgery that left her partially paralyzed so she could no longer drive. That meant my grandpa had to do the shopping. That was great! He always bought candy bars and insisted we take one every time we went to their house!
My grandfather passed away just a couple of months before I had my oldest. My grandmother had passed away right after Chris and I were married. I miss them both so much. They were such a big part of my life and its just weird that my kids never got to meet them.
Here is a picture of me and my grandpa. I think I'm about 3 yrs. old here.
6 comments:
I think it is so cool that you got to live that close to your grandparents. I always wonder what my kids are going to remember from their childhood!
OH how fun. Thanks for playing along... My Round Robin is next week.. I hope you have a great weekend.
Your grandparents sound really cool...and it's so funny that your grandpa bought candy bars! My grandma is kind of the same day...we all loved her junk drawer growing up!!
a girl and her grandpa! i adored mine too.
he looks like a sweetie.
did you teach any of your children to fish? that piece of him is in you, so in a way then, your kids have met him.
Enjoyed hearing about your grandpa! Loved the pic too...your daughter definitely favors you!:)
Claire looks so much like you when you were younger. If I did not know and you know the 70's photo paper...I would have thought it was her.
Post a Comment