Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Carnival and Crazy Tuesdays

Wow, this has been a hectic day! First of all, the carnival of homeschooling is up. Hopefully I'll get to finsih reading the entries soon! http://www.homegrownmommy.com/2009/09/01/carnival-of-homeschooling/

This was our first day back at homeschool PE. We have PE every Tuesday. This year we are also going to have art. We are lucky enough to have a mom in our group that teaches art. She has made her schedule to accomodate those of us that go to PE. That is really great, but it is going to make my Tuesdays crazy! We start art next week so this is what my Tuesdays will look like:
9 am: start school
10-11:30: Art for Nathan (I'm planning to bring Claire back home and finish school with her at this time. We'll see how that goes!)
11:30: Pick up Nathan, feed the kids lunch
1:00-1:45: Art for Claire (Nathan will bring his remaining school work with him to work on there.)
2:00-3:00: PE
4:00-5:00: Claire's gymnastics (Nathan will finish whatever school work is left here.)
Today almost wiped me out and we haven't even started art yet! I'm going to need to get REALLY organized. My biggest problem is meals. I'm going to try real hard to have quick to prepare things ready to heat up for lunch and dinner. I might have to get a better crock pot too. Mine doesn't have the bowl that lifts out so I never use it. I'm trying to cook a large meal once a week so I can freeze part of it for a future meal! I'm trying not to grab fast food on the go every week. Its especially tough because Claire has gymnastics until 5:00 2 days a week so I need a quick meal twice a week.
What's your favorite prepare ahead of time meal? I'm going to need more ideas so we don't end up with chicken enchiladas every week!

2 comments:

Lynda said...

You need to get the crockpot that lifts out. I am telling you I would not survive our dance schedule without one! I have tons of great recipes for it.

Unknown said...

Funny, I was about to suggest enchiladas as my favorite frozen meal!!! Lasagna is another good one to try too!

Your schedule exhausts me!!

Good luck!

~Becca