Well, last week I didn't have much to whine about, but I'm making up for it this week!We'll start with last Thursday (after I posted my tirade). My washing maching stopped spinning and agitating...my 1 1/2 yr. old washing machine! Well, my husband still had stuff to do in the yard this weekend so he didn't get around to looking at it until Sunday. (Don't you just love men?) He says call a repairman. I do on Monday morning. One comes out, tells me to call a certified GE repair center. The new ones all have computerized motors and stuff and unless you are GE certified you can't fix them. So, I call GE. They, of course, can't come out on Monday. They can come Tuesday afternoon...only I can't be home then so I have to wait until Wednesday morning! Did I mention Laundry Day is Monday? Also, they inform me that the cost of the service call is $84.50. The thing that keeps going through my mind is IT'S NOT EVEN 2 YEARS OLD!!!! So, long story short, the guy came out on Wednesday and fixed it for $214. I was not happy with GE and I expressed that to him so he gave me the customer service number and said to call them that they might be able to do something for me. I did and they refunded me $95 of the repair. While that was good, I still have to pay $119 to fix a washer that is NOT EVEN 2 YEARS OLD!!!! So much for saving money with the energy star model!
GE...they bring good things to life, and then they die less than two years later!
On Monday we went to the Ranger game. It was really nice weather, but the pitching stunk and we lost 18-10! We got home late, got up late on Tuesday and everyone was tired and in a bad mood! To top it all off, my left eye started watering on Monday, watered all through the game, and is still watering! I thought it was just allergies, but who knows? My husband and I were watching a show the other night about anger. The philosopher Seneca said that we get angry because we have too much hope...hope that things will go really well. Then, when they don't that's when we get angry. So, I told my husband, "That's it! I need to be more pessimistic!" (I'm a pretty big pessimist as it is!) So, I've decided to believe that I have some rare eye disease that will blind and eventually kill me. Now, when it just turns out to be allergies or an infection, I won't be mad! :)
Like I said, Tuesday we were all tired. Well, that was our first day back at PE. I volunteered to run the games for the 4-6 yr olds....didn't know there would be 21 of them! Didn't have much help with them either, and my eye was watering the whole time. So, I was really hot and tired and PE ran late so we had to go so Claire could go to gymnastics. I didn't anticipate being there that long so we ran out of water in our bottles. So, I stop at Sonic on the way to gymnastics. I order my sweet raspberry tea and start to drive off. Guess what? It wasn't sweet! I hate tea that's not sweet, but we were already running late for gymnastics so I just left. Gymnastics is in an unairconditioned gym so I drank the tea without sugar because I was so thirsty. :-(
Wednesday: GE guy fixed the machine so I did 6 loads of laundry. When the last one was already finished washing, I walked into my bathroom and realized I forgot a towel! Normally, something like that wouldn't make it onto my tirade post, but this week it was just one more frustrating thing!
Wednesday is my workout day so I went to the Y. Got there and realized I forgot my MP3 player! My son never leaves home without his except for that day (no pockets in his shorts!) so I couldn't borrow his. So, I only worked out for half the time. I hate working out without music!
And my daughter has misbehaved in school all week. And my car smells like gasoline everytime I start it. Its been like that for a while, but this week it's been worse. I don't want to take it to the mechanic because I'm sure it will be something expensive and I can't take another expensive car repair! It will probably catch on fire as I'm driving down the road and leave me stranded! (Thanks, Seneca, for the advice!)
I feel like Alexander in Alexander and the terrible horrible no good very bad day!
I think I'll move to Australia!
To join the tirade visit Just Add Walter
7 comments:
You can't go to Australia.... too many people! You need a remote island with tropical beaches. Like the Swiss Family Robinson! I'll join you there after the week I've had.
LOL! That IS a lot to whine about! I am also a firm believer that low expectations make for high happiness!
Hope things get better.
Okay, giggling about your eye. Well, not the fact that it's bothering you, but how you decided to change your outlook so it won't seem so bad. :)
awww, bless your heart!!
the washer thing sucks... 2 years old is way too early to have the thing fall apart.
I can't believe you drank tea that wasn't sweet... I can't even imagine.. hehe!
and best of luck with your eye... let us know what happens with that!!
thanks for playing in my thursday tirade carnival!!!
You did have a rough week! When it rains it pours.
Maybe you should make those banana rum drinks.
Uggg, we have had to fix or replace several washers and dryers in less than 5 years. They always seem to go out exactly at the time the warranty expires. I tell hubby that its a conspiracy and the manufacturers do it on purpose to sell more machines! You can't convince me otherwise.
The eye thing sounds terrible. Must have something to do with your tear ducts is what I'm guessing. I'm no eye doctor but I do play one on tv. yuk,yuk.
Hope your having better luck with the remainder of the week :)
Oh what a week. I hope you have a great weekend. I would love to go to Australia too. It is so pretty there.
Post a Comment