Thursday, October 8, 2009

Postcard Friendship Friday #27

Welcome to another Postcard Friendship Friday hosted by Marie at Cpaphil Vintage Postcards . Stop by her site to join in or see other postcards.






I picked this postcard up at an antique mall. I actually have 3 postcards from Nancy to Mr./Mrs. L.M. Garrison. I will post the next two in the coming weeks. This one is from the farmer's market in L.A. The other two were from later in the same month from San Francisco so I'm assuming Nancy might have taken a nice long vacation to California!


The back of this postcard reads:


August 1, 1966

Hi! Our "ride" today took us down the fashionable Wilshire Blvd. and to Farmer's Market. There surely are lots of interesting shops and the produce is excellent-as you know!

Wish you could enjoy it with me out here.

Love,

Nancy







I don't know who the Garrisons are...maybe her parents?


I'll post one of her other post cards next week.

7 comments:

Christine H. said...

Isn't that funny! It actually looks more like a supermarket than a farmer's market.

Snap said...

Lovely card. I thought the colors were just right for Autumn! :D :D Sounds like she maybe having a great trip!

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

I love seeing produce laid out like that. So mouth watering. Great card!

fortuitous faery said...

farmer's markets are always fun!

steviewren said...

I love nice long vacations! Wish I had one coming up. Happy PFF!

Marie Reed said...

This is so exciting Aimee! I love to read and delve into the lives of people via their postcards! Hmmmnn.. now I want to go to the Farmer's Market!

Beth Niquette said...

I remember postcards with those lacy edges--I can even feel how they felt in my fingers if I think hard enough. Lovely postcard, and I enjoyed what she wrote, too. Happy PFF a little late. (grin)