Thursday, October 15, 2009

Postcard Friendship Friday #28

Welcome to another Postcard Friendship Friday hosted by Marie at Cpaphil Vintage Postcards . Stop by her site to join in or see other postcards.


This is the 2nd of 3 cards I have from Nancy to the Garrisons from her trip to California in 1966. I think this was one of those free postcards of the hotel, provided by the hotel. I love the little pictures on it though...especially the "Free T.V. and radio"! I also like that it advertises they have drugs, not a pharmacy!
*I did a quick google search and found out that the Hotel Drake-Wiltshire is now the Campton Place Hotel.

7 comments:

Snap said...

Aimee,

I'm enjoying Nancy's trip! This is a fun card ... I'm fascinated by all the little pictures. I guess we've come a long way from tv and radio (although sometimes I wish we could go back to *just* tv and radio!!!!!).!!!! :D

Postcardy said...

I love the design of that postcard.

maryt/theteach said...

Great postcardfrom a great year 1966 - the year I got married and the Super Bowl started! :)

Dawn said...

"drugs" that is so funny!

Beth Niquette said...

What a wonderful postcard! I love it that you've been able to follow Nancy's adventures.

Happy PFF!

steviewren said...

The Drake looks like it was home away from home. It provided all the amenities.

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

It looks like a very good hotel - but doesn't it seem so dated now!