Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Wordless Wednesday- Flags


Dixie at French Lique hosts Wordless Wednesday....visit her to see more or to join in. This week's theme is flags/flag day.






25 comments:

Dixie said...

Hi Aimee... Happy WW...

I wonder how many people know that Texas is the only state in the USA whose flag is legally flown at the same height as the US flag?...

Go TEXAS!

bj said...

Good post for Wordless Wednesday..

Angela said...

*God Bless America*

Beautiful flags!

*´¨)
¸.*´¸.**´¨) ¸.**´¨)
(¸.*´ (¸.*´* Happy Wordless Wednesday~

Is everybody from Texas??? hehehe

ItaJeff said...

Beautiful flags..

Happy WW

Lots of luv,
Ita

Kat said...

Great shots! I'm sitting here drinking a cherry limeade, so I got a kick out of the second one! Happy Wordless Wednesday. Kathy

Unknown said...

Great photos! Warm wishes for a wonderful wordless Wednesday, Esther

Anonymous said...

ANOTHER Texas flag!! You Texas gals are just the best!! I love the flag with the Sonic--one of my personal fast food places!! Have a great WW!! Dana

Candy said...

American pride!

Printersdevil said...

Love the shot of the Lone Star with Old Glory. I love Sonic almost as much as I love Texas!

momma said...

i did not know that about the flags (that dixie shared). i was wondering when i saw the texas flag and the usa flag flying the same.

KayC. said...

I love to see the flag flying! When I go to Salt Lake sometimes I count how many I see flying. There is alot! Have a great "WW"

Unknown said...

Love the Sonic and the Flag....PERFECT..Just like Sonic Ice!

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

Yeah...another Texas flag!!! Wonderful!!!

Happy WW!!!
XOXO
Cathy

Terry said...

Hi Aimee
Happy Wordless Wednesday to you.
Great Photo !
You are always on the loookout with a creative eye :)
I finally gave up and got some photos off the internet last night .
Server problems in our area.
Everytime another wave of soldiers fly home we have electrical disturbance for a few weeks.
Praise God 950 men & women came back from Iraq this week for some R&R :)
living in a military community is a
unique place to live.
Blessings of joy to you .
Hugs

Aimee said...

Yes, the Texas flag is the only one, I think, that can fly at the same height as the U.S. flag. Something about us having been our own country, I think. They must have negotiated that when Texas became a state! :)

Terry, glad to hear 950 soldiers made it back safely!

Leah said...

happy ww!

Linda K. said...

Happy WW! Excellent photos!
Blessings,
Linda

Margie said...

I LOVE to see the flag flying way up high like that, and to see the colors against the blue, blue sky! So pretty!

Happy WW!
Margie :)

Sue said...

Go Lone Star Flag! Dixie said I was one of only 2 other girls who posted their state flag besides all you Texas gals! What's wrong with them? no pride? tee hee

Anonymous said...

Very interesting tidbit about Texas's flag! Happy WW!

Elena said...

Great photos. I like the flag with Sonic sign. Gotta love Sonic:)

Sharing with Sherri said...

Thanks for visiting me! Your photos are great. I have to confess though that I noticed the Sonic sign in the 2nd photo first! I guess I must be hungry!!

Have a Happy Day!!

Sherri:)

Charlotte said...

Nice pictures. I like Sonic burgers.
Happy W.W.
Charlotte

Neabear said...

I have never been to Sonic. We don't have it near us. Even though I am no longer on the Mr Linky list I did post today. I do have the California flag in three of my pictures. Just saying, due to the comments about others not posting their state flag. Happy Wednesday!

Amber said...

Hi,
Thanks for writing me!
~*~*~
I like the pictures of the flags!
~*~*~
It is nice that you homeschool your kids--I am homeschooled, too. :o)
~*~*~
Amber