Here are a couple of Disneyland postcards I picked up at a local antique mall last weekend. I bought 4 total and I believe they were all bought by the same gentleman at the same time. Only one was written on though. It's postmark is 1972.
The first one is Sleeping Beauty's castle and the horse drawn street car. They still have horse drawn vehicles there, I think, but not trolleys. (We were there 3 years ago so I'm going on my own observations.)

This next one is of the Carousel of Progress in Tomorrowland. We went to this in Disney World, but I don't think it is in Disneyland anymore. We liked it. You sit in a small section of chairs that move and travel around a stage where you watch a family as they grow and change over time. It was a very relaxing thing to do after being on your feet at the park all day! I thought the kids would be bored, but they liked it too.

The back of the card reads:
Hi Honey! Yes, I'm working hard. I will have chapter 2 finished when I get back. Just think, after June we'll be normal folk! Can't wait to get home. (Hope this gets there before I do)!
Hi Honey! Yes, I'm working hard. I will have chapter 2 finished when I get back. Just think, after June we'll be normal folk! Can't wait to get home. (Hope this gets there before I do)!

It's not signed so I'm not sure who its from. Obviously, he was writing to his wife Nancy, but it would be nice to know his name as well! I'd also like to know what kind of work would take you to Disneyland...whatever it is, sign me up!
The other 3 Disneyland postcards I bought I think he brought back for her since there was no writing on them. I'll post the other ones next week. They all appear to be from the same time.
14 comments:
Noticed your header is an amusement park too.
That reminds me of the first time I went to Disney! Great postcard.
Everyone should have the chance to go to Disneyland or Disney world at least once! My daughter and her hubby went a couple of months ago. I asked her to buy some cards for me.
Wonder what hubby was writing.
Hi Aimee
Your right work that takes you to Disney ,wow that is cool.
Happy Postcard Friendship Friday .
Thank you for sharing .
I am so glad you shared the back of the card .
Oh we got your stormy weather here in central Texas tonight.
Had a break so thought I better get my Friday PFF post done.
Take care
Have a blessed weekend.
Hugs
The Carousel of Progress sounds interesting, especially if a man sends this postcard to his wife. Intriguing text too.
Anyway, my youngest, mentally handicapped son loves Disney classics. He must have seen Dumbo 348 times by now, and still enjoys it. Thank you mr. Disney.
Sign me up too girl! This horse drawn trolley is amazing! you've got a real piece of Disney history here! WHat a sweetie pie he was to send so many card to Nancy!
I haven't been to Disneyland, but we were living in Paris when they were finishing building there. It's remarkable really how similar it still is.
Wow, those are great. I love the building in the second card. I'd like to stay there :D
I vaguely remember that attraction at Disney. I went when I was 8 years old.
I do however know exactly where Delhi Manor is located in Holt, Michigan :) Isn't that funny?! I don't think I know Nancy or her husband though. One of my husband's businesses is in Holt.
Ah, Disneyland .. I was there in the late 60s ... I am sure its still a huge tourist attraction
I would love to visit a Disneyland and the nearest one to me is in Hong Kong...
OH!!!! These are great cards.
Debby
Oh how fun.....what a great find.
Have a beautiful weekend.
I fell upon a trolley Disneyland postcard in my collection! I looked it up and they stil do have the horse drawn troley. The trolley itself isn't very heavy for the horses because it's on tracks. Two grown men could pull it just as easily. They work four hours a day 4 times a week and have a beautiful pasture to play in !
Post a Comment