Friday, May 8, 2009

Show us where you live Friday: Living Rooms



Kelly over at Kelly's corner blog is hosting "show us where you live Fridays". Today is living rooms.


Go here to see more: http://www.kellyskornerblog.com/




This is my living room...




It is very clean and plain for a reason...the house is for sale. We were going for the neutral/uncluttered look.

The coffee table was a gift from my dad. He told me he bought a coffee table at an estate sale and was going to refinish it for me. When I saw it, I thought it was the ugliest thing! It was in really bad condition, the top was scraped up and it just looked old and ugly. I told my husband, "I saw that coffee table he said he's giving us. Yikes! It looks really bad!" Then, my parents came to visit one day and brought it to us. (I'll admit I was nervous when they said they were bringing it!) I loved it! He is so talented. It looks great!


I like looking at everyone else's Friday room pictures. Hopefully, we will be moving soon so I'm going to need decorating ideas for the new house!

9 comments:

Heather said...

Your living room is so cute and so inviting!! thanks for sharing!

Candy said...

I was getting ready to say...I'm not showing my living room, it's a wreck!
Good luck on the sale.
And yes, daddyo did a good job on the coffee table. Dads are great!

Cheers,
Candy

Because of Love said...

Thanks for stopping by!

I hope you sell the house soon. Decorating a new house is always so much fun. I bet you will get a lot of great ideas.

Yep, flowers were a must for me. :) In return I am to bake him some kind of dessert at least once a month. (Which usually is once a week.)

Alphabet Soup Momma said...

I am right there with you - Our house is on the market too. Dont tell anyone but the pictures I posted are a little old, so I could show our house at it's best :)! Sometimes it wears me out always having the house clean and neat, I tell everyone when we move to our new house we are going to be slobs! HA!

Brittany said...

I LOVE your armoire! So pretty :)
Good luck selling your house soon!

Frugal Jen said...

You have such a warm and inviting living room. We always enjoy our visits to your home.

Müge Tekil said...

You have a very pretty living room dear Aimée! I didn't know this meme, I'll participate next week I hope. Have a great weekend! :-)

4in4 said...

Lovely, Aimee! I'm going to curl up in there with a novel while you take my kiddos to the playground. :P

-Analisa

LisaMarie said...

I love that idea -- when I'm done with construction I'll do the same. I'll even do a "before and after" picture.